INSPIRE IMAGINATIVE PLAY
Mailbox Sensory Kit
This little mailbox is great for year round play. It fosters writing, mail posting, and making believe play.
You’ve got mail!
Who’s children love seeing the mailman, or love helping go fetch your mail or amazon boxes, or also love receiving mail from a family member.
Valentine’s Mailbox and Sensory kit:
Our little “Valentine Mailbox” was made with love. The mailbox insert is excellent for year-round play, it fosters writing, mail posting, and sending messages to loved ones. The wooden Mailbox insert is designed to fit the Ikea Trofast bins and makes a great addition to your sensory table.
This kit includes:
- Wooden Mailbox board
- 5-different colored envelopes with 5 heart cards inside
- 2-valentine stamps
- 12-piece heart confetti
- Assortment of pom poms.
Board Material: Birch Wood finished with a water-based topcoat.
Fits in the Large IKEA TROFAST bin
(TROFAST bin not included in purchase)
Skills & Benefits:
- Sensory play
- Fine motor skills
- Writing skills
- Imagination & Creativity
Mailbox Pretend Play for Children
Toddlers learn through play so we thought this little mailbox would be a perfect addition to your sensory table. This can be fun for ages 2-6 years.
And we all know toddlers 2-3 years love to mimic everything we do and as we lead by example by signing our names, writing grocery list & thanks yous, licking envelopes and using stamps. They have already observed this and will most likely jump right in.
And older childrens 4-6 years will love this to make believe by playing mailman, write their own letters. It will foster learning opportunities through writing, packages, letters, the mail carrier, & learning addresses.
Other Mailbox/ Post Office learning activities for children include:
- playing pretend with a mailbox made for toddlers
- sending cards as a family
- visiting the post office
Our Sensory tables:
- Solo Sensory Table This table is designed to work with Ikea Trofast storage boxes and Flisat Play Table-accessories means hours of open-ended play. And is also great for smaller spaces, single child homes, and is a good fit for families with different age gaps so each child can have their own space.
- Full-Size Sensory Table-Designed to work with Ikea Trofast storage boxes and Ikea Flisat Play Table-accessories. This table has multiple functions it can be used by a family with more than one child, can be used as weaning table, homeschool table, or bigger sensory set-ups.
- Both tables Pair with our set of Toddler Chairs for a perfect multi-use toddler table set.
The idea is to let children use their imagination, there is no right or wrong way to play. All of this is learning through play by using fine motor skills, sensory play, and imaginative play.
Want more great play ideas sign-up for our newsletter, and get awesome new play ideas and projects delivered each week!
INSPIRE IMAGINATIVE PLAY